Tuesday, November 2, 2021

The Inside Story Of Mining Bitcoin

Bitcoin miner Zack Pettit skating on his work break at the SCATE Ventures mining facility in Dallesport, Washington. SCATE Ventures Inc.  

CNBC: This 19-year-old earns $54,000 a year mining bitcoin as a full-time job — here’s what it’s like 

* Nick Sears was 17 years old when he helped build a bitcoin mining farm in Dallesport, Washington. 

* Sears oversees a hydro-powered data center with 4,500 ASICs, all mining for bitcoin. 

Nick Sears was 17 when he helped build a bitcoin mining farm in Dallesport, Washington. He was 18 when rules allowed him to buy bitcoin for the first time. And now, at 19, Sears has doubled down on his life as a bitcoin miner, saying “no” to college and “yes” to living in a room inside a data center that houses 4,500 whirling ASICs. 

“My room is sound-locked,” said Sears of the acoustic retrofitting of his living quarters. “So I can’t hear the machines when I close my door, but they are definitely noisy if I have my door open.”  

Read more ....  

CSN Editor: He is living his dream.

No comments: