Monday, March 19, 2012

Is Warm Weather Key To Evolution?

An illustration of Neanderthals at the cave site of Trou Al'wesse in Belgium, clinging on as the climate deteriorated. Credit: Digital Painting by James Ives

Warm Sanctuaries Key To Human Evolution -- Cosmos

DUBLIN: Modern and ancient humans withdrew to milder sanctuaries during the Ice Ages in Europe and Asia, and these refuges became critical for human evolution, according to a new study.

New models published in a paper in Science today suggest that refugia - locations that harbour relict populations of a once-widespread species - were important in determining the pace and pattern of the massive human migration from Africa, which began approximately 100,000 years ago.

Read more
....

My Comment: I live in Canada .... and trust me .... when it comes to winter I am always asking myself on why am I here. So did early man think the same way? Hmmmm .... that appears to be the case.

No comments: