Sheerwind has designed an alternative to bladed wind systems that uses a series of funnels and tubes. Its Invelox turbine, pictured, directs winds into a funnel and through a tube to the turbine's generator on the ground. Sheerwind claim it produces 600% more energy than the traditional designs
The Future Of Wind Turbines? Bizarre-Looking Funnel Produces SIX Times More Energy Than Traditional Designs -- Daily Mail
* The Sheerwind Invelox turbine directs wind through a funnel
* This wind is passed through a tube towards the turbine’s generator
* The movement creates a ‘jet effect’ which increases the wind’s velocity
* Sheerwind claims the turbine can work at speeds as low as 2mph
* It produces 600% more electrical energy than commercial blade systems
* It is scalable meaning smaller versions could be used in back gardens
Wind turbines may be considered an eco-friendly way to generate electricity, but they're heavily criticised for blotting the landscape and killing hundreds of birds.
Minnesota-based Sheerwind has designed a bizarre-looking alternative to these bladed systems that uses a series of funnels and tubes.
In its Invelox turbine, winds as low as 2mph are directed into a funnel and through a tube to the turbine’s generator on the ground.
Read more ....
My Comment: If true .... this is a big game changer in the wind industry.