The infographic, pictured, from London-based WhoIsHostingThis, details the nine steps needed to remove yourself from the web. It includes deactivating accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+
How To DISAPPEAR From The Internet: Nine-Step Guide Helps People Vanish Without A Trace And Then Surf Anonymously -- Daily Mail
* Hosting firm created a graphic explaining how to disappear from the web
* The nine steps include deactivating accounts and setting up fake profiles
* For people who'd rather hide, the guide suggests anonymous searching
* The graphic gives step-by-step instructions on how to carry out each task
* It also recommends Google’s URL removal tool, and contacting websites
Could you give up the internet for Lent - or even for good?
Following various reports about companies stealing information and complaints about oversharing on social media, a web hosting firm has created a nine-step guide on how to disappear from the web completely.
It includes deactivating accounts, removing links from search results and how to remove yourself from various lists - and for people who'd rather just stay hidden than disappear, the guide also gives tips on how to use the internet anonymously.
Read more ....
My Comment: It is a lot of work to disappear from the web .... but this is a good start.