Colder: Since 1977, the mean annual temperature has been steadily rising but starting in the early 2000s that has been falling
What Global Warming? Alaska Is Headed For An Ice Age As Scientists Report State's Steady Temperature Decline -- Daily Mail
* Since 2000, temperatures in Alaska have dropped by 2.4 degrees Fahrenheit
* Scientists reviewed weather reports from 20 climate stations operated by the National Weather Service located across Alaska
* 19 of the 20 weather stations reported falling temperatures
* An ocean phenomenon has disrupted a storm regulating system thus allowing cold winter storms to linger longer and bring a deep chill
* Local residents have noticed the colder temps but say its no big deal since they are already bundled up for 20-below zero temperatures
New research from the Alaska Climate Research Center shows that since the beginning of the 21st century, temperatures in the snow covered land of Alaska are actually getting colder - bucking the overall global warming trend.
In the Last Frontier, where temperatures can get as cold as 50 degrees below zero, local residents have experienced the increasing chill and scientists now confirm that the Northwest state is indeed seeing a temperature drop.
A new report from the research center at the University of Alaska Fairbanks reveals that the 49th state of the union has cooled by 2.4 degrees Fahrenheit since 2000.
Read more ....
My Comment: Dittos in Montreal (where I live) and for what my relatives (who live in Russia) are telling me this winter.